![]() |
| Whenever we're together, it's an adventure! |
Seriously, his omelet skills make me jealous. I'm not even that good, and I pride myself on my cooking abilities.
I could add all sorts of little platitudes or quotes about contentment or happiness or change, but that doesn't get at all of the ways that Sergio brings me joy.
I love listening to his musical, lilting Spanish when he is talking with family or friends. I appreciate it every time he takes it upon himself to help me with something without my asking. It's the way that he pushes me to try new things, even things that scare me (say, challenge courses or spicy SPICY Mexican food or bouldering, which is later this week). I love how he is constantly moving or whistling or drumming or beatboxing or singing or tapping or climbing or fidgeting or fiddling-- always in motion and always interacting with the world -- in a very energetic, engaging way. I am amazed at how my cat has decided that she (almost) equally loves him as she loves me (though once you start feeding her, she loves you). I am envious of his perfectly curled hair every day (I have to pay to get mine to sort-of obey me). And he gives the best hugs of anyone I know. Seriously -- if someone can't commit to a great hug, I'm not interested!
![]() |
| Always a ham for a photo... |
What that has translated into it pure joy in the mundane and incredibly rewarding experiences that are quite special. It's pushed me and changed me in a way that is incredibly exciting. And I don't feel like our best times are behind us. That's the worst feeling a relationship -- that you've already passed the "exciting parts" and everything is so routinized that you fear that you know what someone will say before he even opens his mouth. First of all, I'm consistently surprised with what Sergio says, which is a side effect of a very inactive filter -- that keeps me on my toes. But it's the sense that we have so many places to explore, so many trips to take, and so many ______ to play/do/learn/stumble through together. When we first met and he told me his email (which has "curious" as part of it), I thought it was quirky and fun. Since then, I've realized that it's not just an idle choice -- it's a lifestyle, and it feels good to share that curiosity and wonder.
So, there you have it. I'm more joyous than I knew I could be with mi querido to thank for a lot of it <3
xo
Sarah


No comments:
Post a Comment