![]() |
| Light at the end of the tunnel. |
Well, I knew it was about time to start over. Start again. Start fresh. Maybe it's the spring cleaning fever, but, more likely, it's this two-year blog itch that I've had for the past twelve years... every so often, I decide that it's time to start a NEW blog with a NEW feel and a NEW concept. Maybe it's just my desire to get all of the cruft out of my life, both my actual life and this digital one. It's time to switch over and craft a new mood and a new sense of feeling. Thus, I give you the new blog.
Sarahenity.
Yeah, I went there. I love word play and love coming up with new variations on my name (so you can look forward to Sarahanndipity or Sarahbellum -- well, you get the point -- in two years). This one just came to me in a flash and I loved it because it speaks to where I want to be -- in a place of peace and calm.
It's also a transition to a more authentic version of myself. For the last few years, I feel that I have been stuck in a place where I didn't want to be -- a place of hiding parts of myself or my life in a way that didn't feel good to me. That, I know, had to stop. Call it maturity, called it renewed self-interest -- it doesn't matter to me. But I knew I needed something different, something more me.
Earlier this week I had the chance to go to two workshops led by Mike Robbins, an author and motivational speaker. Mike said that people often get hung up on a false continuum that goes from phoniness on one end to honesty on the other. Sometimes we do not feel like we can be truthful. It can be benign (I don't want to hurt your feelings) or cruel (I say you look great when you've forgotten to wear pants), but either way we are phony and untrue. The other end, we think, is honesty, where we say exactly what we think or feel. Have you ever encountered someone who was completely blunt and thought to yourself, "What a jerk!"? Or perhaps that direct feedback is a breath of fresh air for you.
But, Mike argued, honesty is actually the middle of the continuum because when you go past honesty you can reach authenticity, that place where you can be open and vulnerable and yourself, no matter what. And that is what I want most on my blog -- authenticity. The chance to be myself and not worry about things so much. The chance to share all of the amazing things in life with all of you.
So that's it -- Sarahenity. I'm really excited to launch this and to start writing! You'll see me (hopefully) port in some back-entries, but don't worry -- it's an exciting time and I know there will be lots to share.
Welcome!
xo
Sarah

No comments:
Post a Comment