[NOTE: I wrote a post about
finding love on a cliche day last Valentine's Day -- and because it was such a meaningful post for both Sergio and me I decided to repeat it this year. Who knows?! This might become an annual tradition.]
"Completely and perfectly and incandescently happy."
Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice
Mi querido Sergio,
2014 was a tough year for me -- and even when there was a smile on my face, you knew what was behind it. You knew what was really going on day-to-day...
 |
| A fetching fez! |
This year I was amazed with your patience. Instead of making me feel bad for slowing down, you slowed your steps to match my pace. Never once did you give me grief -- only encouragement and love. You helped so many of my days become brighter with your smiles.
 |
| Fall pumpkin patch visit. |
You are my curious guy. You keep me honest and are always challenging me every single day. I love listening to podcasts on our commute and discussing the finer details. I love visiting new places with you and learning things. I love debating books or movies or ideas. My mind is much sharper because I get to spar with yours.
 |
| On tour at Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, FL. |
You are my eyes into the world. I love looking at it from your perspective. Sometimes it is through your words, but mainly it is through your lens. You have such a skill for capturing places and moments in all of their beauty.
 |
| Walkabout in Kirkland. |
You teach me to appreciate new things. You teach me to embrace different situations -- and we have run into many of those recently.
 |
| Walking around San Juan Island. |
You teach me how to relax. You are able to let go of things so easily -- I am in awe of you.
 |
| Relaxing on our Big Island visit. |
You invite me to be a part of your family. The more I see you with your family, the more I understand and appreciate the way that you welcome me in. You are a loving son, grandson, brother, nephew, and uncle. Day after day you open your heart and home to those you love.
 |
| Sergio with his papa. |
 |
| Rico Sauve and Mama. |
 |
| The Ricos |
You are goofy! Any situation is made for having fun. You get your very excited face and you jump into it. How many guys would buy a tail for his girlfriend for Christmas? You! Who loves taking videos and photos of us doing silly things? You (well, and me)!
 |
| Trying on your shell in San Diego |
 |
| S and his Android BFF |
 |
| Goofing around at a Husky football game. |
We stayed a little closer to home this year -- in general -- but you remain my favorite travel buddy. We had the chance to travel far (London) and near (California, the San Juans). You indulge me when we travel with better hotels and you never say no when I want to visit a zoo. Travel became such a challenge for me. I don't know how many panicky moments I had on the road -- but you just held my hand and encouraged me. And we did it -- together.
 |
| With the Tower Bridge in London. |
 |
| Happy 30th Birthday to yooooou! Big Island of Hawaii. |
 |
| Dolphin tow in the Florida Keys. |
We are building for the future together. This year was a big pivot in our relationship -- it feels deeper, closer, and more serious. I am so proud of you as a fur father. You are Astrix's BFF and you do such a great job taking care of her. It's even more exciting to see you with kids and babies knowing that, some day, you will be a great papa to them too.
 |
| Fur Papa, I love you. |
 |
| You know how much I love this photo. Give it five years, right? |
This has been a year filled with love, Sergio Eduardo. You are my best friend...
 |
| Sweating it out in Orlando together! |
... you are my biggest cheerleader and supporter...
 |
| Feeding giraffes was a huge highlight! |
... and you are the love of my life!
 |
| Christmas 2015 |
Happy Valentine's Day, mi querido Sergio. I am forever thankful that you are a part of my life!
xo,
Sarah
 |
| Te amo mucho/I love you |
No comments:
Post a Comment