01 January 2014

2013: Best. Year. Yet.

That's right, I just said it. 2013 was the best year I've had yet!

My love, my life! 
What happened, exactly?

I had the fortune to visit six countries, four of them new (Ireland, Portugal, Spain, and Mexico), as well as take a slew of trips in the US, both for work and for fun. It's impossible to pick a favorite trip, quite honestly...

Cider-tasting trip on the Olympic Peninsula
I had the fortune to meet new friends and spend time with the old. I feel blessed to be surrounded by a group of kind, caring, and accepting people!

5K Foam Fun Run in August
I continued to enjoy time with those closest to me, including, of course, Miss Astrix...

Halloween with kitty
And I had the chance to spend more time with family too!

Happy Birthday Mom! 

I had a chance to explore new passions, from bouldering to ceramics painting to hiking, as well as indulging in old favorites -- I read a record 92 books, tested 30+ recipes, and bought a baby grand for myself!
Hiking in Yellowstone
Most of all, I learned more about myself as a person. I turned 30. I felt more comfortable with myself. I'm learning how to love myself in a whole new way!

Self-love is in right now...
Most of all, I did it with Sergio at my side. I love him more than I can possibly express. He's been an amazing partner and I have learned much about life and love with him by my side.

With the cathedral in Chihuahua
Butterflies! 
I am still really behind on some end-of-year blogs, including Arles, Paris, and Amsterdam from our European trip, some more photos from our trip to Hawaii, and a new, hot-off-the-press blog about the holiday season. I'm also composing a list of my final book recommendations from 2013. I just put together a new album with even more photo highlights, so check them out!

Yet even as I reflect and write about all that was, I am more excited about what is to come. I have big plans for this year, and I can't wait to share them!

Viva 2014!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment